Sunday, April 4, 2010

46 ~ I Take After My Mother

Jonah and I are very good friends. He is the first friend I made here in Texas, and he is pretty awesome. My mother and my grandmother think he's adorable, and were constantly teasing me about him, assuming we are dating because I hang out with him a lot. I keep reinforcing that this is not the case (without going into details about how much we've discussed this) and they have finally taken the hint.

Because yesterday, I showed my girly side :)

The last time I hung out with him, all day, at his dorm, he gave me a bunch of statuettes. One of a wolf, one of an eagle, and one of a horse. His sister made them, and he sells them so he is less poor. Well, he gave me three, as well as an eagle necklace (to go along with the wolf necklace he gave me the first time we met), and I tried to pay him a bit--I had five bucks on me--but then he bought me more food. I told my parents this, and my mom was thrilled.

I reinforced it with: "We're not in a relationship, and never will be. Whether he's trying to woo me or not, I have been perfectly clear on this matter, and he likes giving me stuff anyway. I'm totally cool with that!"

Apparently, I take after my mother, only I'm not cruel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment