Thursday, March 11, 2010

37 ~ I ♥ MY VAGINA

One of my best friends (GASP, I haven't mentioned her before! Let's call her...Ryden) and I were just discussing a webcomic that Jonah shared with me and I shared with her--Khaos Komic--which lead to her proclaiming:

"I wanna get a shirt that says I ♥ MY VAGINA."

So, of course, now I want one too, because it is so true. As much as I joke about being a boy in a girl's body, and as much as guys make more sense to me, I am all-girl. Only society skews that perception because of some of my personality traits, and fuck that. I love my boobs and my vagina and being a girl; that doesn't mean I have to be girlie.

Vaginas are really nifty. First of all, they are totally pretty. (Valley girl, get out of my head!) They are also very easy to live with, all the bits are inside and much less likely to cause massive amounts of pain. Beyond the practicality, I love the way they smell, and feel, and as much as I sometimes complain about how difficult some things can be (orgasm, for example), the sensations are among my favorite things. Maybe it would be different if I had been born a man, I don't know; the fact is I wasn't (in this lifetime), and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Then there is the fact that, because I am a girl, because I was born a girl and have a vagina, I am the one who will be impregnated, I am the one who will nurture a life, I am the one who will give birth to a baby--or many babies--when I am ready to be a mother.

(I am not romanticizing motherhood. It is awesome, and massively hard work. The pregnancy itself can be very difficult, and labor--yikes! That doesn't change the beauty and the majesty of it. If it did, we would have died out long ago.)

Let's see, why else do I want a t-shirt that proclaims "I ♥ MY VAGINA"? That's a hard question. The real question is, why wouldn't I? The billions of people who love women can't be wrong, now can they ;)

If all my other reasons fail, it would be just about the best conversation piece ever. And all the boys in the room would have to reply, "Why, I love your vagina, too ;)"

Except then creepy old guys would pant after me even more than usual...I guess I'd have to save such a t-shirt for visits with Ryden and the comforts of my home :)

Yes, I broke my unspoken two-words-per-title blog rule. I figured it was time because I am lazy, and my subjects were straying towards contrived. Just felt like pointing it out :)

Vaginas make me excessively :D'ey

1 comment:

  1. Now I want a t-shirt that says that too. I spy a serious market here :)

    xx Dee

    ReplyDelete