Saturday, March 20, 2010

39 ~ My Dad Is An Ass

I love my dad very much, and he is a wonderful, loving, esoteric, intelligent, hilarious man, but sometimes, he is also the biggest ass I know.

Usually when my father gets like that--he has Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of autism, so I forgive him much more than I do most others (and I'm pretty damn forgiving)-- I walk away, maybe a bit huffy, and cool down. Or, even better, I ignore his comment, laugh it off, roll my eyes, and move on. I did that with his latest asshole moment.

It goes like this: We are all talking about my future husband. My grandma pushes for Kaleb. I say, "What if I marry a woman?" My dad says, "That's a dumb idea, why not just cut out the middle man?" [I am paraphrasing, this was nearly a week ago.]

My father is not anti-gay or anything like that, he really couldn't care less, but he is still a bit of a bastard. It is true, I am VERY unlikely to marry a woman. I am VERY unlikely to get married. I am VERY unlikely to pick just one person. But still. Sometimes, that Asperger's is all that saves him from my wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment