Friday, January 15, 2010

10 ~ I Apologize...

...TO NO ONE!

At least, not as far as my choices in life, love, religion, and relationships go.

To suggest that anyone has the right or the power to make me feel small or dirty or evil for the way I live my life is beyond wrong, it is DESPICABLE.

I do not give a shit what strangers think of me. I care about what my parents think of me (to a certain extent), what my family thinks of me (to a certain extent), to what my brother thinks of me (absolutely), what my Rose thinks of me (times a million)...so I really don't have time to care about THE WORLD.

Fact is, there are SIX BILLION people on this earth, and if given the opportunity, they would ALL have their own thoughts on how I live my life. Good people would have negative things to say, bad people would have positive, and vice versa. Yes, it would be grand if my idols and people who inspire me and people who are awesome all thought Damn that Agri is one awesome chick, but most of them will ever even know I EXIST, much less how I function, much less agree with who and what I am.

And that's okay.

If the Dalai Lama and Melissa Marr and Sexie Sadie never know me, never think of me, never have opinions on me, that's okay. And if THAT is okay, so is the throngs of close-minded or just different minded people out there who WILL come into contact with me.

I really don't have the time to worry about it.

Note: Post inspired by rereading Sexie Sadie yet again. It's a passionate subject with me, as I have struggled with caring about public opinion in my past, and gods-know I am not necessarily over it 1,000%, but my feelings remain the same.

2 comments:

  1. The Dalai Lama, Melissa Marr, and Sexie Sadie (even though I know nothing about her XD) would totally love you.

    And even though you care what I think, I'm always rooting for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww :) ILU!

    I know! That's the beauty of friendship! "The one who can make you cry won't. The one who can bring you down will always lift you higher." OH SNAP JUST MADE THAT LAST ONE UP!

    ReplyDelete