Tuesday, January 12, 2010

7 ~ True Love

True love is what a mother feels for a child.

True love is what a couple of seventy years feels for each other.

True love is what I feel for Rose.

I truly love my parents. I truly love my brothers. I truly love my friends, my Sam, my self...but TRUE LOVE is something altogether different.

True love is sharing white chocolate, which is like WHOA. True love is the willingness to share sushi (which Rose doesn't like anyway). True love is being okay with your best friend having a crush on your boyfriend, because really, I tell you everything, and it is amazing, so OF COURSE you are crushing ;)

True love is selfless. True love is constant. True love is deep and pure and everlasting. True love is giving all the pieces of ourselves over for scrutiny, even the parts we have yet to reconcile with. True love is being able to share anything and everything--and constantly--and knowing it will never come back to bite you in the ass, in any way, EVER.

I know that I have the capacity for many loves. (DUH, POLY-AMORY!) However...I do not have the time. I love my self so much, and my solitude, and so many others, that in order to balance them all (which I still suck at) I simply cannot deal with too many people.

FWBs are one thing. Even boyfriends are completely separate. Love, in all its myriad, wonderful, common-yet-extraordinary forms has nothing to do with TRUE LOVE.

I have a true love in Roselyn. Superior to any boyfriend. We are connected in all ways--mental, emotional, metaphysical--in spite of the distance. In fact, that 1500 mile separation has had no effect on us whatsoever. We grow closer DAILY.

I am completely happy with having Rose, and boyfriends, and FWBs, and friends, and family all separate. One day I will also have children, and, and, and...it's endless.

But Rose is constant. And she is ALL I need in this department.

As for my other true love...well, my dog can have her post later :)

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! <3 You are so sweet. ^_^ You even quoted me! XDDD

    ReplyDelete