Thursday, January 28, 2010

21 ~ WANTED: Boyfriends

Teehee, it's so much fun to say I'm "boyfriends searching." It tickles me pink still, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I messaged a whole bunch of OkCupidians a couple of days ago after searching for "polyamory" in my area. I have no idea why I didn't do this earlier, but better late than later! So far I have gotten two responses, and they are very intelligent and intriguing responses. I kinda sound like a dumbass, but oh well. I also often sound like I'm high--which I'm not--so hopefully it's not held against me too harshly.

I think that those who identify as polyamorous are more intelligent than the average dating site persona. Most people on dating sites are scammers, too ugly or socially awkward to date easily elsewhere, and downright idiotic in their responses. I have come across plenty of all three.

Most of the time when I look for people on OkC, I ask myself, Oh gods, what's wrong with this one? Because who the hell uses dating sites? The real catches can get dates in the active world--unless there are other circumstances: time-consuming job, divorced and with children, socially awkward...

Or polyamorous.

It's quite difficult to find other people who practice polyamory, especially in very Christian areas, especially far away from big cities where poly conventions and the like might be held.

What's wrong with me? I suck at talking to people in person, I am not inviting at first glance, and I love my alone time. Today, a boy from my English class actually talked to me, and I was not verbose or warm or engaging. I really suck at being calm and open when alone and in a foreign setting. My truest personality doesn't come out when I'm tired and away from my friends and all around feeling blah.

Hopefully the online searches are fruitful; hopefully I run into a cute and cool guy at school; hopefully, hopefully, hopefully. I suck at this whole dating thing, I have no experience, but I shan't give up! If nothing else, my libido won't let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment